Call for Papers
9th China Goes Global Conference
October 1-3, 2015
Georgia Tech (CIBER), Atlanta, USA
We are happy to announce the 9th annual conference of China Goes Global (a trademark of the Chinese Globalization Association), which will be held in Georgia Tech, Scheller College of Business, Atlanta, GA, October 1-3, 2015. As the premier conference on the topic, we seek contemporary contributions from the various business disciplines and the broader social sciences on the globalization of China.
Papers, book presentations, and panel proposals are especially encouraged in the following areas:
- Explanations of Chinese flows of people, goods, ideas and money
- Testing the limits of Western-centric theories in the context of China’s globalization
- Development of new Chinese-centric and indigenous theories
- The rise of the emerging markets multinationals
- Managing and organizing Chinese companies/subsidiaries abroad
- Comparison of China with other emerging markets
- Chinese engagement in India, Asia, America, Australia, Latin America, and other regions
- Impact of Chinese foreign direct investment
- The role of government in shaping the “going out” policy and its impact of internationalization
- Chinese state capitalism and alternative economic systems
- Sustainable development and corporate social responsibility (CSR) of Chinese multinationals
- Global supply chain/logistics and global value chain
- Culture, trust, reputation of Chinese multinationals
- Innovation, techno-entrepreneurship, e-commerce, online development in and out of China
In recent years, we have seen a dramatic shift in China’s transition in the global economy including:
(1) In 2012, China became one of the largest global investors, according to the joint statistic report by the Ministry of Commerce, the National Bureau of Statistics, and the State Administration of Foreign Exchange in China. Outward FDI amounted to USD 87.8 billion.
(2) On October 7, 2014, the International Monetary Fund announced that China had surpassed the United States as the world’s largest economy, a distinction held by the US since 1873 when it overtook Great Britain. This global phenomenon is not well understood and is fraught with opportunities and challenges.
Since 2006, China Goes Global pulls together a unique set of contributions on the globalization of the Chinese business environment, economy, and society. The conference is unique in several ways. First, the conference is developmental in nature and we invite competitive papers, recently published book authors, focused panels and work-in-progress for submission. The conference provides an ideal opportunity for scholars and practitioners, as well as Ph.D. students to share and discuss their most recent high-quality work with other experts in this research field. Best papers are also given the chance to be published in the International Journal of Emerging Markets, a scopus ranked journal by Emerald. Second, we have fun, international and inter-disciplinary. In addition to insightful ideas, the conference also includes a reception, a performance, and great people and scholars with whom you can network. For the review of CGA 2014 conference, including photo gallery, please see: http://www.chinagoesglobal.org/past-conferences/photos-from-past-conferences/. Finally, the conference is always accented with world re-known keynoters from the academe and business. For a list of previous keynoters, please see: http://www.chinagoesglobal.org/past-conferences/previous-key-noters/
Please submit your paper through our online submission system no later than April 15, 2015. Papers should follow the author style and referencing guide provided on the conference website. By submitting a paper, all authors also agree to review up to 3 papers.
Submissions must be done online: http://www.chinagoesglobal.org/conference/paper-submission/
Deadline for submission: April 15, 2015
Paper acceptance/rejection: May 30, 2015
Revised paper submission: June 30, 2015