Call for Papers
12th China goes Global Conference
June 18-20, 2018 – Shanghai , China
The 12th Annual China goes GlobalTM conference will be held in Shanghai, China. We encourage paper writers, panel presenters, book authors, and PhD students researching China’s globalization to submit their work on our website (http://www.chinagoesglobal.org/conference/paper-submission).
Our conferences are interested in examinations of how Chinese movements of people, ideas, money and products affect nations, industries and companies from around the world. We seek multi-disciplinary, multi-method and multi-level studies on the globalization of China in general.
As a significant part of the world’s economy, trade, and investment regimes, China is a center of influence in geopolitics, world institutions, and global economic health. We seek to showcase research on the internationalization of China from multi-disciplinary perspectives, including political economy, business, sociology, the humanities and environmental studies. Previous conference attendees hailed from across the globe, mostly from the academy, but also from government, international institutions, and business sectors.
As the premier conference in the field of China’s globalization, China goes Global will continue its more than a decade-long effort to contribute to the scholarship on China’s globalization. Our call for papers includes, but is not limited, to the following topics:
Context & Theories
- Theory, Research and Education on Chinese firm’s globalization
- Globalization of Chinese Capital, Companies, and People
- Negotiation, Language, and Culture
- Impact of Religion on Chinese Globalization
- China Belt and Road Initiative
- Chinese Investment in Europe and the USA
- Sub-Saharan Africa: New Dynamics, New Synergies
- China and Russia: Towards a New Strategic Direction
- Chinese Companies in Latin America and Australia
Systems & Sectors
- China and Energy Policy
- China goes global by industries: Automobile, Finance, Telecommunication, Health Care, Service, etc.
- The Role of Communication, Media and Public Relations
- Chinese Outward Foreign Direct Investment, M&A
- Resource, strategic asset and market seeking of Chinese MNCs
- Corporate Governance in Chinese MNCs
- Strategic HRM of Chinese MNCs
- Supply chain management of Chinese MNCs
- Corporate Social Responsibility and Business Ethics of Chinese MNCs
Specificity of Innovation Process
- Upgrading processes of Chinese firms
- Upgrading of Capabilities, Technology, and Strategic Assets
- Education, University-Industry Partnerships and the Not-for-Profit sector
- Chinese Small and Medium Enterprises and Entrepreneurship
- “Made in China 2025”, “China A.I. by 2030” Policies and the National Innovation System
Please submit your paper through our online submission system no later than March 15, 2018. Papers should follow the author style and referencing guide provided on the conference website. By submitting a paper, all authors also agree to review up to 3 papers, and at least one author agrees to attend the conference.
Deadline for submission: March 15, 2018
Paper acceptance/rejection: April 15, 2018
Revised paper submission: May 1, 2018
As in past years, several points of distinction will mark this year’s conference:
Special Issue: A special issue from the conference will be published by the International Journal of Emerging Markets, an Emerald journal that is indexed and ranked by Scopus and ABS. Articles from past Special Issues have achieved a high number of downloads and citations. (see: http://www.emeraldgrouppublishing.com/products/journals/journals.htm?id=ijoem)
Keynoters: This year’s keynoters will be among the foremost experts in emerging markets. We will utilize both an academic and a practitioner to keynote. For a list of previous keynoters, see: http://www.chinagoesglobal.org/past-conferences/previous-key-noters/
Doctoral consortium: a doctoral paper development program will be given to early career researchers, with the purpose of helping them publish the ideas/papers in a top peer-reviewed journal. A special pre-conference workshop on Methodologies and use of Data in Chinese studies will be offered as well.
Local Attractions: There will be some local tours to internationalizing companies and/or institutions.
Awards: A number of best-paper and best-reviewer awards will be given to recognize excellent contributions, including best paper award, best thematic award, best service award, best reviewer awards, best PhD paper submission award. The best paper awards will also confer on the recipients priority review to the International Journal of Emerging Markets.